Monday, October 8, 2007

10 Things: Step 8

I have contributed my list of favorite restaurants to the 10 Things Wiki, you should all check it out though I don't recommend eating at my favorite restaurants on a daily basis.

About the term "radical trust", I think everything should be alright as long as the majority of the community is serious about keeping facts on wiki sites accurate. Generally I do trust Wikipedia and I do use it for some of my research for school though my professors always tell me not to. They argue that anyone can put facts on Wikipedia and it may not be accurate. But the truth is that there are a large number of people who will correct incorrect information. Some Wikipedia articles are extremely detailed while some have just the general idea out. I use Wikipedia to get a general idea of what I am researching, then I will look for a more professional source, such as books. Though the facts on Wikipedia are not official, in my experience it has been very accurate and it gave me a very good idea of what I was researching. As long as the majority of the community aren't pranksters, I see Wikipedia as a reliable source.

No comments: